It is important to be effective when brushing your teeth, especially after treats.
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste with at least 1350ppm fluoride for at least 2 minutes twice a day to remove plaque. Plaque is a film of bacteria that coats your teeth and if not removed will contribute to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Teeth have 5 surfaces so if you only brush the surfaces you can see you are only brushing around 40 % of your tooth, try out interdental products or water flossers.
- Your Dental Hygienist can help and give advice on the best products for you.
- Make sure you have a small compact head on your toothbrush you can use either a manual or electric toothbrush.
- Do not rinse with water or mouthwash straight after brushing, Don’t rinse. This will leave the fluoride on the teeth to give its maximum protection.
- If you wish to use a mouthwash do this at a different time to brushing as the Fluoride content of mouthwash is less than toothpaste so if used at the same time as brushing will wash away the toothpaste.
- Cornhill Dental Practice wishes you all a happy Easter and we hope you enjoy your treats, but please follow our advice to brush well.