Are people stepping away from you when you talk?
Do people turn their cheek when you kiss them goodbye?
A simple test to check if you have bad breath is to lick the inside of your wrist and sniff-if it smells bad you can be fairly sure that your breath does too.
It is usually caused by the smelly gasses released by the bacteria that coat your teeth, gums and tongue, strong foods like garlic, coffee and onions can add to the problem.
Lack of saliva and some types of medication can also be a factor
It is important to brush your teeth correctly and regularly to keep your breath smelling fresh
Visit our Hygienist for help and advice.
What else can I do?
- Get control of any gum disease.
- Keep your mouth clean
- Keep a diary of foods that you eat and medicines that you are taking and let your dentist know
- Use a tongue cleaner
- Cut down on sugary foods and drinks
- Use interdental brushes / floss at least once a day
- Chew sugar free gum, it helps saliva flow as a dry mouth can lead to bad breath.